Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day Trip Snorkeling and Boat and Sun





Beautiful day today on a catamaran with two silly locals. Took a ride to the barrier reef Hol Chan and swam with sea turtles and giant fish (not really me swimming in this picture). Anyhoo, it was this giant and beautiful. It was my first time snorkeling (I think) and was harder than I thought. Lots of us kicking each other in the face since we were in a group and all looking at the fish and not each other. Here is the link to the album of the underwater pictures I took:

https://picasaweb.google.com/emilyrosegrace/Belize?authkey=Gv1sRgCNGS9JveqZC-RA&feat=directlink



Our next boat stop was in another part of the reef where nurse sharks like to hang with the rays called shark and ray alley. And seriously LOTS of rays and our guide grabbed a shark and let us pet her, though I didn't really see him right away and was startled and scared to see this shark right in front of me and didn't reach out. But I did (David, be proud) touch the rays.






We then went to Caye Calker, a much smaller island than where we are staying (San Pedro/Isla Bonita) and it was charming and beautiful. Got an ice cream, jumped in the water, ate good grilled veggie sandwich and took a boat ride back. We got homemade chips and salsa and coconut cake and lots of reggae music. And sun. Despite my constant application of sunscreen.

No comments:

Post a Comment